What causes it
This normally happens after a system or graphics card crash. when windows reboot after a crash it will downgrade currently installed graphics driver to oldest/default driver. sometimes windows update also installs older driver if it does not recognize latest driver which already installed by Radeon adrenaline software.
- Right click start menu and select “system”
- above windows specification click “Advanced system settings”
- Go to hardware tab then open Device installation settings.
- Choose “no”.
This will only prevent windows from installing hardware manufacturers update. This will not stop normal windows updates.
- Now install latest GPU software from amd.com which will fix the issue. To install GPU software follow the steps below.
- First you have to find graphic card model.
Finding graphics card model
- To find your Graphic card model right click start button and open task manager.
- on left pane go to “performance” tab then click GPU 0
- on top right corner you will find your graphics card name and model number.
Installing Graphics card driver
- go to amd.com and look Gpu driver for your graphics card model, or open google.com and search (“your GPU model” driver) example: amd 5700 xt driver. Then open result from amd.com.
- In that page go to Drivers & Support
- under your windows version download recommended AMD software. note: optional software is beta version.
- after downloading install the software. from now on windows will not change your gpu sofware, you have to manually update it.